The Little Falls Indoor Farmers' Market & Artisans’ Fair
FREE ADMISSION - 9 am to 3pm at the Knights Inn, 20 Albany Street
Mark your calendar for December 14th, 2013! Visit the Little Falls Indoor Farmers' Market and Artisans' Fair to enjoy fresh winter produce, wild mushrooms and other foraged produce, grass fed beef, free range chicken and eggs, delicious food and artisan breads, olive oils, handmade origami Christmas ornaments, alpaca yarn and woven products, herbal products, beeswax candles. Select from local artisan T-shirts, glass block houses, knitted items, aprons, and MUCH more.
The Indoor Farmers Market:
Do you know where your food comes from? We know where ours comes from, and we know the people who grow it. One of the goals of our Little Falls Indoors Farmers’ Market agricultural center is to provide that information to our customers and help strengthen the bonds between the farmer and the consumer. We want to make the route from the farm to the table more transparent, and thus more trustworthy! Most of our foods come from a 25 mile radius, but some come from greater distances because they are not produced nearby.
When the Little Falls Outdoors farmers’ Market closes for the season, the Indoor Farmers’ Market steps in to fill your needs starting in November! Our indoor market is becoming famous for the variety of fresh local product that you can select. You can choose from natural winter vegetables, herbs and tomatoes, meat, fish, cheeses, yogurt, milk, crafts, honey, jams, baked goods and much, much more. Come join us for a most amazing shopping experience, and great live music.
The Little Falls Indoor Farmers’ Market is a social place as well as a venue for shopping. We love to see our consumers use the market to supply their needs, but we are also delighted to see the fun social gathering it has become. Thanks to the food court area of our market, the live musicians, the product demonstrations or our community-based special events, the Little Falls Farmers’ Market is rapidly becoming a regular social gathering spot for locals and a must-visit stop for the tourists.
The Artisans’ Fair:
The Mohawk Valley, and particularly the Little Falls area, is rich with artistic talent, but for many years, our vibrant cultural scene has not included a regular winter venue where artisans and artists could bring their wares to market. The purpose of The Little Falls Artisans’ Fair is to highlight a wide array of Fine Artists and Skilled Artisans, and bring their wares to market in a venue that is fun and convenient for consumers. In addition to booths displaying items for sale, we offer you the opportunity to enjoy live music and demonstrations.
Our product range varies from season to season, and market to market, and may include, paintings, prints, hats, leadlight, sculpture, folk-art, giftware, jewelry, flax weaving, knitwear, candles, beauty products and soaps, garden art, photography, garden furniture, visiting national and international artisans, interesting collectables (quality bric-à-brac), fresh coffee, gourmet and international foods, specialty wines and specialty plants - and much more!
Our goal, as always, is to produce a top tier event that is profitable, enjoyable for the artists, and exciting for the visitors; a place where each artist is made to feel at home and will look forward to coming back each year. We want this to be the one event each year that you will put on your calendar in ink rather than pencil.
Past Vendors at Our Indoor Farmers’ Market and Artisans’ Fair
- Bouchard Farms - Organic Grass-Fed Beef, Organic Produce, to Include Winter Squash, Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Garlic and Local Raw Honey.
- Flat Rock Sugar Farm - Olive Oils, Honey, Potatoes & Garlic
- Jason Richards Jr Farms - All Natural Grass-Fed Beef
- Lapp’s Produce - Amish Produce & Crafts ... Cheeses, Eggs, Maple Syrup, Baked Goods, Jellies & Jams, Winter Squash, Baskets, Bird Houses
- Palatine Valley Dairy - Palatine Cheddar Cheese
- Donald Mosher - Scrap Wood Furniture, Doll Houses, Doll House Furniture, & Wooden Toys
- Szarek Farms - Old Goat Salsa Jams, Adirondack Herb Blends, Salad Greens, Pea Shoots, Bunching Onions & More
- Summer’s End Orchard - Jams, Marmalade, Jellies, Mustards, & Maple Syrup
- Winkler Farm- All-Natural Grass-Fed Beef, Fresh Non Fertilized Eggs, Handmade Knotted Rugs
- Origami by Tristan Dunn - Necklaces, Ornaments, Earrings, Creations
- Patricia Wares - Quilted Purses and Vests
- Terry Potoczny - Original Photography & Framed Prints
- Dulsa’s Kitchen - Bosnian Foods and Baked Goods
- Scentsy Wickless Candles - 80 Scents to Choose From
- Nature’s Herbal Therapies
- Ritchie’s Raw Honey
- FugiFungo - Unique & Original Art T-shirts
- Photos by Livy
- The Garden Mentor - Hypertufa Planters & Plants, & Poinsettias
- Sonshine Leather Crafts – Leather, Jewelry, Ceramics.
- Little Garden Crafts - Beautiful Handcrafted Jewelry
- Joanne Morotti - Handcrafted Goods, Knitted & Felted Bags and Slippers
- Persnickety Chick Designs - Mixed Media, Recycled and Up-Cycled Artwork
- Chris’ Cheese Cakes – Homemade Cheese Cakes by Chris Kuehnle
- Signs of Obsession - Hand-Painted Signs and Up-Cycled Furniture Pieces
- The Mustard Seed - An Old-Fangled Mercantile: Dip Mixes, Herbal Room & Linen Sprays, Lavender Products, Beeswax Candles & More
- Boy Scouts - Wreath and Swags Sale
- Christmas Cookie Bake Sale – Proceeds Benefiting Charity
There is so much fun stuff to do in our community during Christmas in Little Falls! Also be sure to visit our many wonderful restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Don’t miss the White Rose, Il Caffé, Ed’s Pizza, Casey's at the Knights Inn, Sandwich Chef, China Buffet, Enea’s Italian Feast, Kristen's Diner, and Subway in the center city; and Ann Street Deli, Canal Side Inn, Piccolo Café, and Ole Sal’s in Canal Place.
Enjoy Awesome Shopping in Little Falls!
Welcome to scenic Little Falls, New York … a great place to visit, and a GREAT place to shop! Little Falls is a gem of a small city in Upstate New York. Our local businesses offer everything from the mundane, such as groceries and farm supplies, to the exotic, such as fine art, antiques and handcrafted jewelry!
While you are in Little Falls, be sure to check out the awesome and unique shopping opportunities at our fine local shops! To learn more about the many shopping and dining opportunities in our fine city, visit the ShopLittleFallsNY.com website, here you find a directory of business, complete with reviews and profiles. If you are visiting Little Falls for just a day or two, then this brief shopping guide will help you plan your time by showing you where to go to find the shops and deals that will delight you the most.
Don’t Miss This Special Holiday Celebration!
We invite you to make Christmas in Little Falls part of your Holiday tradition. Join in the good, old-fashioned fun in our scenic town, and make this a holiday to remember! For more information, please feel free to contact Christine Van Meter, the event Chairperson.
Get Directions to Little Falls New York: